Thursday, October 8, 2015

Words

Signify: To tell him that he was going to die he had to signify with his hands.
Synonyms: signal.    Meaning : enote or connote
Prefer:  I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla ice cream because it is very tastier.
Synonyms: rather
Hustle: We need to hustle or the teachers will finds and give us tons of homework.
Synonyms: jostle
Periscope: He use a periscope to search for Tom in the tall grass.
Synonyms: radar  meaning: an instrument providing a view of an obstructed field
Static: I love it when I rub a ballon on my head and then sticking to my head because I like the feeling of static electricity.
Synonyms: unchanged
Rowdy: I hate chasing the rowdy kids around the park because I always run out of energy.
Synonyms: riotous.  meaning: disturbing the public peace; loud and rough
Slosh: "No!"I screamed as the tea sloshed out of the cup.
Synonyms: splash
Uptight: I was uptight when I lined up waiting to get my result from the test.
Synonyms: uneasy
Glockenspiel: Loads of people in my class a very good at playing the glockenspiel however I am not.
Synonyms: angelus
Prodigy: I think some people are very lucky because they are prodigy.
Synonyms: genius      Meaning: an unusually gifted or intelligent person
Corsage: I like giving corsage as a present because they are pretty and cheap.
Synonyms: garland
Spiel: when ever we are in trouble  Ben has to spiel.
Synonyms: jabber
Liable: both of the books were liable and interesting.
Synonyms: accountable
Ventriloquist: the ventriloquist voice made everyone laugh.
Synonyms: artist
Jam-packed: when I looked at the cupboard it was jam-packed with food.
Synonyms: filled
Squint: when we opened the door we ran forward but we had to squint our eyes.
Synonyms: peek
Chit-chat: when ever our teacher goes out of the classroom we star to chit-chat.
Synonyms: talk
Quicksilver: most of my thermometers have quicksilver in it.
Synonyms: unpredictable

2. First inference: He can beat me to Amsterdam Avenue with me having a two-fire-hydrant head   start and him running with his hands in his pockets and whistling. You are inferring that he is very     fast.
    Second inference: And sometimes after a rain he likes to step down off his tightrope right into the gutter and slosh around getting his shoes and cuffs wet. Then I get hit when I get home. You are are inferring that he has got muddy and she should not have let him get muddy.

3. 1st example: I much rather just knock you down and take my chances even if I am a little girl with skinny arms and a squeaky voice, which is how I got the name Squeaky. This is visual imagery because you can see what she looks like.
    2nd example: The big kids call me Mercury cause I’m the swiftest thing in the neighborhood. This is a Metaphor
    3rd example:

4. He is described like his is a little boy.and I’ve got Raymond walking on the inside close to the buildings, cause he’s subject to fits of fantasy and starts thinking he’s a circus performer and that the curb is a tightrope strung high in the air. This shows he is still a little boy because he would not be in fantasy if he is a big child.

No comments:

Post a Comment